RE: OCL 2.0 FTF Issues: Satisfaction of Operation Specifications

From: Jrn Guy S (jgsuess@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Mon 03 Nov 2003 - 13:37:28 GMT

Dear Hubert,

That was merely in reference to the comments made in his reply (quote):

i'd be very wary of linking any particular notion of refinement to a
modelling language. different circumstances might need different
notions, and there's no reason that the language should be tied to one.
i wonder, for example, if you've considered the difference between
preconditions as disclaimers and preconditions as firing conditions.

even for the standard notion of preconditions as disclaimers, your
particular definition seems too narrow to me. requiring the program to
be a function will rule out many reasonable implementations that are
non-deterministic -- hash tables, for example.

Anything I receive in this respect will, unless designated differently by the sender, be posted to the list.

Regards,
Jrn Guy S

Dipl.-Inform. Jrn Guy S            | CIS - Sekr. EN7
phone / fax : +49(30) 314-23553/21601 | TU Berlin, Fak IV
phone (secretary) : +49(30) 314-23555 | Einsteinufer 17