status of UML 2.0

From: Gerrit Renker (gerrit_renker@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed 15 Oct 2003 - 08:29:40 BST

Dear pUML people,

this is a question by and for people who can not afford to pay OMG
rates and or <<UML>> attendance. There have been similar posts earlier,
regarding this question: When does UML 2.0 reach a closure?
The relevant OMG sites merely speak of "UML 2.0 Specifications nearing
completion", but this is sufficiently imprecise to warrant another
long number of months, or even years. Does the "UML odyssey", as Chris
Kobryn called it in 1999 already, continue?
It is very daunting having to read between 200+ ... 736 pages per each
submission/release/RFP and to know that infintely many may follow.
Any advice, hints, publication tips (regarding UML 2.0 closure, not
more proposals) will be greatly appreciated. I am sure that I am not
be the only one with these questions in mind.

Thanks in advance
Gerrit