Re: Flattening AND State with multiple hierarchical levels

From: Gasso W. Mwaluseke (mwalusgw@sbu.ac.uk)
Date: Fri 06 Jun 2003 - 18:49:05 BST

Dear Hamdan,

In UML terms, flattening a multiple hierarchical levels should mean flattening a
composite state which I would say it is quite possible.  There are many papers
presented on this subject.  However, I would like to refer you to a presentation
by Alexandre David, Oliver Moller and Wang Yi under the title "Formal
verification of UML statecharts with real-time extensions".  This will just give
you an idea on how to carry out your own investigation.

You can also easily understand if you used some formal methods to carry out your
work.

Gasso