Re: UML 1.3 Metamodel problems

From: Jos Warmer (J.Warmer@klasse.nl)
Date: Sat 17 May 2003 - 16:02:25 BST

Gianna,

At 01:55 PM 5/17/2003 +0200, Gianna Reggio wrote:
>I have some questions about the UML 1.3 metamodel that I hope someone
>could help me to answer:
>
>1) An OCL type (as a collection) can be seen as a classifier ?
>This point is relevant because if the answer is no, then you cannot have
>attributes, and parameters having as type an OCL type

Yes, this is how OCL 2.0 works.

>2) A use case is a classifier, and following UML 1.3 it seems possible to
>type an attribute or a parameter with an use case  (I am not able to find
>a WWF prohibiting that)

Don't know.

>3) In the metamodel there is no way to decide whether an operation has a
>return type, and  which is such type (but reading the notation chapter, it
>seems that they may be also more than one)

Each parameter has a ParamaterDirectionKind. This can be 'return'.

>Thanks in advance and best regards

Succes,

Jos

>   Gianna
>

>To remove yourself from this list please mail puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk
>with a message containing the word "unsubscribe".

Klasse Objecten         tel     : +31 (0)35 6037646
Chalonhof 153           fax     : +31 (0)35 6037647
3762 CT Soest           email   : J.Warmer@klasse.nl
The Netherlands         internet: http://www.klasse.nl