UML 1.3 Metamodel problems

From: Gianna Reggio (reggio@disi.unige.it)
Date: Sat 17 May 2003 - 12:55:31 BST

I have some questions about the UML 1.3 metamodel that I hope someone
could help me to answer:

1) An OCL type (as a collection) can be seen as a classifier ?
This point is relevant because if the answer is no, then you cannot
have attributes, and parameters having as type an OCL type

2) A use case is a classifier, and following UML 1.3 it seems
possible to type an attribute or a parameter with an use case  (I am
not able to find a WWF prohibiting that)

3) In the metamodel there is no way to decide whether an operation
has a return type, and  which is such type (but reading the notation
chapter, it seems that they may be also more than one)

Thanks in advance and best regards

   Gianna