Re: Re: an ideal about CMM in UML,wish your reply

From: free_wind (free_wind@fescomail.net)
Date: Wed 23 Apr 2003 - 08:27:46 BST

hello,Amit  midha!

	Thanks very much for your reply. But I'm not very clear about your answer.
	It's true that using MDA need a process ,but I think it's another question. in the framework of MDA, there can exist models from different domains such as process model、workflow model、business model and test model and so on. CMM in MDA is act as an evaluation model , RUP can act as an process model in MDA, they are in MDA, so I din't agree there is conflict.
	Wish your reply!

	Best Regards

>hello there,
>  MDA is more of a  technical methodology to convert architecture
>to executable system. it does not talk abt the process to be
>followed for doing so,you may be using RUP and collecting
>metrics,so u are at Level 3
>and u might not be using MDA  at the same time.so combining CMM
>and MDA would restrict my choices, I might want to be a Level 5
>certified firm by not following MDA!So, I wont prefer to go for
>this option.
>

>regards
>Amit
>

>On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 free_wind wrote :
>>hi,all
>>

>> 	As I know, CMM is mainly a guidance about how to improve the
>>process quality,and CMM's main usage is evaluation and helping
>>the improvement.
>> 	But as to the basic process(the software engineering process
>>such as development process) in software development. there is
>>lack of the guidance in CMM.
>> 	Today as the MDA was pushed out by OMG, I have a idea: why not
>>model CMM in UML? If we do it ,then with the facility of the MDA
>>framework, we can realize the interchange between the CMM model
>>and the software engineering process model ( I consider this kind
>>of process is combinded tightly to the concrete technique which
>>be used ). Besides, in the MDA framework, the profile techinique
>>can help us to tailor the CMM model easily.
>> 	So, my questions are:
>> 	1) Dose the idea meaningful?
>> 	2) It seems that nobody has done similar work ,why?
>> 	Wish your reply and Thank you for reading my mail.
>>
>>Best regards!
>>
>>        free_wind
>>        free_wind@fescomail.net
>>          2003-04-23
>>

>>To remove yourself from this list please mail
>>puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk
>>with a message containing the word "unsubscribe".
>>

>To remove yourself from this list please mail puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk
>with a message containing the word "unsubscribe".
>

>.

        free_wind
        free_wind@fescomail.net
          2003-04-23