an ideal about CMM in UML,wish your reply

From: free_wind (free_wind@fescomail.net)
Date: Wed 23 Apr 2003 - 07:53:06 BST

hi,all

	As I know, CMM is mainly a guidance about how to improve the process quality,and CMM's main usage is evaluation and helping the improvement.
	But as to the basic process(the software engineering process such as development process) in software development. there is lack of the guidance in CMM.
	Today as the MDA was pushed out by OMG, I have a idea: why not model CMM in UML? If we do it ,then with the facility of the MDA framework, we can realize the interchange between the CMM model and the software engineering process model ( I consider this kind of process is combinded tightly to the concrete technique which be used ). Besides, in the MDA framework, the profile techinique can help us to tailor the CMM model easily.
	So, my questions are:
	1) Dose the idea meaningful?
	2) It seems that nobody has done similar work ,why?
	Wish your reply and Thank you for reading my mail.

Best regards!

        free_wind
        free_wind@fescomail.net
          2003-04-23