namespace & element ownership

From: Gonzalo Genova (ggenova@ie.inf.uc3m.es)
Date: Tue 21 Jan 2003 - 17:30:18 GMT

Hello,

It seems in UML v1.4 that a namespace owns the NAMES of the elements it
contains, but not the DEFINITIONS of the elements. Then, an element's
definition could be spread among different packages. For example, you could
declare class A in package P, and then declare in package Q that A is a
subclass of B.

But this seems incorrect to me. I think an element should not be modified
out of the owner package or namespace. I would like to hear some opinions
about this.

Gonzalo

Gonzalo Genova                        ggenova@inf.uc3m.es
Research and Teaching Assistant       http://www.ie.inf.uc3m.es/ggenova/