Re: Status of UML 2.0

From: Steve J Cook (sj_cook@uk.ibm.com)
Date: Thu 24 Oct 2002 - 18:36:24 BST

>Steve Cook hat auf der UML 2002 eine private Schaetzung gesagt (nicht
>oeffentlich), wann er erwartet, dass UML 2.0 ein Standard wird: Mitte
>2004 fruehestens.

I do not want this to be taken out of context or misunderstood.

The OMG process for completing an adoption takes time.  The final
submissions for UML2 are due in January 2003 and this is on schedule.  This
is followed by a period of (a) review (b) voting (c) finalisation (d)
adoption.  On the current schedule, a reasonable expectation for the
standard to be formally adopted is sometime first half of 2004.

Steve Cook
IBM Distinguished Engineer, Member of IBM Academy

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           Heinrich Hussmann         |
|         |           <Heinrich.Hussmann@inf.tu-|
|         |           dresden.de>               |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           puml-list-request@cs.york.|
|         |           ac.uk                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           24/10/2002 16:14          |
|         |           Please respond to         |
|         |           puml-list                 |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       puml-list@cs.york.ac.uk                                                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: Status of UML 2.0                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

Hallo Hubert

Schau Dir mal folgende Seiten an:
www.u2-partners.org
www.2uworks.org

Steve Cook hat auf der UML 2002 eine private Schaetzung gesagt (nicht
oeffentlich), wann er erwartet, dass UML 2.0 ein Standard wird: Mitte
2004 fruehestens.

Viele Gruesse
Heinrich

Hubert Baumeister wrote:

> Hi,
>
> could someone please summarize the status of UML 2.0? Are there still
different proposal from
> several partners or is there by now a common proposal? How far is UML 2.0
from being a standard?

> I find it a very bad decision that the UML 2.0 RFP pages on the OMG
web-site
> (http://www.omg.org/uml/) are restricted to OMG members only. These
pages, if I remember correctly,
> contained the most recent submissions to the RFPs and allowed to judge
the status of the OMG process.

> Greetings,
>         Hubert
>
> --
> Dr. Hubert Baumeister, Institut für Informatik, Universität München
> mailto:baumeist@informatik.uni-muenchen.de
> http://www.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/~baumeist
> phone (x49-89)2180-9375  * fax -9175

puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk

Prof. Dr. Heinrich Hussmann

Dresden University of Technology
Department of Computer Science

Phone +49 351 463 38464   (until end of February 2003)
Fax +49 351 463 38459     (until end of February 2003)
Email Heinrich.Hussmann@inf.tu-dresden.de
or    Heinrich.Hussmann@informatik.uni-muenchen.de

Please note: I will move to University of Munich by March 1, 2003.

To remove yourself from this list please mail
puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk
with a message containing the word "unsubscribe".