Re: Learning UML

From: Prof. Dr. Peter H. Schmitt (pschmitt@ira.uka.de)
Date: Sat 12 Oct 2002 - 14:09:52 BST

Anand Lakhani wrote:

  > I would like to gain a good basic understanding relatively quickly by
  > doing a course, but then using various texts I would like to continue
  > studying this language with the outcome that I will be able to use it
  >  in my PhD and in my Software Engineering work.

I include some material on UML and OCL in my course on Specification and
Verification of Software. The lecture notes are not complete, but you
still might find them useful

http://i12www.ira.uka.de/~pschmitt/FormSpez/uml.ps

On the more general issue what to do with UML and in particular OCL
specifications in Software Engineering you might be interested in the
following project.

http://i12www.ira.uka.de/~key

Best Regards,

Petr H. Schmitt

--
Prof. Dr. Peter H. Schmitt
Institut fuer LKD                 Fakultaet fuer Informatik

Tel. 0721-608-4000 (Sekr.) -3919  Fax. 0721-608-4211