Re: Book

From: Zhiming Liu (lzm@iist.unu.edu)
Date: Tue 10 Sep 2002 - 02:58:17 BST

This sounds an interesting discusion. We are current working on some
semantics issues of OO and UML.
I think our recent technical reports are relevant to the questions in your
e-mail message.

If you are interested, you may like to look at our research reports No 258,
No 251, No 231, No.230 at

    fttp://www.iist.unu.edu/newrh/III/1/page.html

In reports 258 and 230, the relationship between class diagrams and instance
diagrams is given. a class diagram determines the state variables and
instance diagrams form the state space, and use cases change the system's
states by modifying the variables. We do have associations and their meaning
is the allowed links.

At lowever level, i.e. design and implmentation, class diagrams are defined
in a specification language in style smilar to Java. Refinement of models of
specification and design can be defined and reasoned about. Please see
reports 231 and 251.

Comments on our papers are highly appreciated.

Zhiming

===============
Dr. Zhiming Liu
UNU/IIST, P.O.Box 3058, Macau