Re: An observation

From: Joaquin Miller (miller@joaquin.net)
Date: Tue 10 Sep 2002 - 00:40:26 BST

The call for a formal semantics is a good one and the deep embedding of OCL
>in HOL is a good start; however, since OCL cannot fully express the
>metamodel, using ocl to define the semantics is somewhat
>questionable.  Note, that
>semantics is used in the sense that a compiler has a semantic analysis
>phase rather
>than in the denotational, axiomatic, or operational sense.

Someone may be interested in our OCL submission:

ad/01-08-28: Financial Systems Architects UML2 OCL initial submission
Formats:  RTF, PostScript, PDF, Word

http://cgi.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/01-08-28.rtf
http://cgi.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/01-08-28.ps
http://cgi.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/01-08-28.pdf
http://cgi.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/01-08-28.doc

We would be delighted if someone who had a tool that works with OCL would
extend it with our few additional production rules, and see what happens.

Cordially,

Joaquin Miller
Financial Systems Architects