Re: associations defined in a metamodel

From: Dirk Riehle (dirk@riehle.org)
Date: Fri 17 May 2002 - 11:35:30 BST

Do you really mean meta-model and meta-classes? If not:

An association, as an instance of the Association meta-class is a
model-level object linked to association ends which specify the multiplicity.

On the model level, multiplicity is a value. On the model instance level
(i.e. the running application or "user objects") the model-level
multiplicity is a constraint on what is considered a valid system state.
I.e. specific instances of your classes A and B may only be linked in such
a way that these links conform to the association and its multiplicity.

Dirk

----
For work etc. see: www.riehle.org