Re: associations defined in a metamodel

From: Andy Evans (andye@cs.york.ac.uk)
Date: Wed 15 May 2002 - 17:05:03 BST

Simona,

It depends what you mean by instantiated!

Do you mean:

1) An instance of the meta class association, association end, etc.

OR

2) An instance in the sense of links, link ends, etc. (i.e. the semantic domain
of an association)

If the latter, then there is no similar concept to multiplicity in the semantic
domain. Rather, there is a check made that the number of links between
objects conforms to the multiplicity of the association ends.

Andy