MMA is a support network to help those unfortunate people who are seriously
addicted to meta-modelling. You should contact us if you or someone you know suffers
from any of the following symptoms. We are here to help.
Remember that it is easier to deny, than to accept that you
are a meta-modeller. Reflect on it.
- Withdrawal symptoms (repetitive constraint
writing tendencies) when unable to meta-model.
- Hiding meta-models around the house
- Pretending that the document you’re
reading is not a meta-model, e.g. disguising it as a model.
- Constantly philosophising about your
life as an object, or reflecting on the 4-layer meta-model.
- Worrying about where your next meta-model
is going to come from.
- Worrying about the spelling of ‘modeller’
versus ‘modeler’ and ‘meta-model’ versus ‘metamodel’.
- Putting off important tasks just to
- Writing philosophical
stories about levels of reality and the meaning of the universe.
- Forgetting whether you’re at level 0
or level 3. And what is level 0 anyway?