The EPSRC Doctoral Training Grant (DTG) funds one or more departmental PhD studentships per annum.
These awards are for new PhD students from within the UK or EU (according to conditions set annually by EPSRC) and provide a fee waiver at the Home/EU rate for three years, and a stipend of £14,296 (2016-17 RCUK stipend rate) designed to cover living expenses.
Find out if you are eligible to apply for the funding on the EPSRC web site.
Please indicate in the "Financial Support" section of your application for graduate study that you wish to be considered for an EPSRC studentship.
To be considered for competitive funding, you should apply no later than 15 January 2016 year in which you wish to start.
Competitive funding offers for October 2016 entry will be notified on 23 February 2016.
What to do next
- Check our advice on applying for a research degree
- Check the University fees and sources of funding
- Investigate what research is taking place in the Department
- Find out more about the PhD programme we offer
- Read what our students say about us
- Information for international students
- Information for students with disabilities
- Immigration advice