Regular group meetings
During term time we meet in CSE/102-3 at 12:30 on Thursday each week to hear a talk, and to discuss the ideas and questions raised. Talks can be:
- about any subject related to programming languages and systems;
- prompted by a recent idea not yet explored, or recent results not yet published;
- overviews (or reviews) of an interesting paper the speaker has read, or a stimulating conference or workshop they have attended;
- a practice in advance of a conference or workshop;
- a short (2/3 slides) draft idea for a funding proposal, seeking feedback from colleagues
Talks can be given by:
- members of the group (staff and PhD students)
- someone who is visiting you
- final year project undergrads
To offer a talk, please contact Jose Calderon who is the current seminar organiser.
Note: PDF slides from previous talks, and other materials, are sometimes provided. However, it is quite often the case that the ideas presented in talks are at an early stage; they will often change significantly by the time they get to formal publication.
If you would like to be added to the mailing list on which PLASMA seminar announcements are made, please join it here if you are a member of the University of York, or contact the seminar organiser Jose Calderon otherwise.
Talks in Autumn Term 2014
The programme is open for the upcoming term! Please contact Jose Calderon, the seminar organiser, if you would like to offer a talk.