- Neural networks, in particular the theory and application of binary Correlation Matrix Memory neural networks.
Non-standard computation, and in particular bio-inspired and chem-inspired computing.
BA Natural Science/Engineering, University of Cambridge
MSc Operational Research, University of Lancaster
MSc Information Processing, University of York
DPhil Computer Science, University of York
- HM Customs & Excise: Operational Research Analyst, 1987-1992;
- University of York, Department of Computer Science: RA 1997-1999, Lecturer since 1999.
Departmental and University Roles
- Chair of Departmental Teaching Committee
- Member of Hub Forum
- Summer Weeks 8-10 & SUB Coordinator