My interests are in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics & Machine Learning. More specifically:
- Statistical 3D models, especially 3D face models
- Metrically accurate 3D face avatars from 2D images and videos
- Combining model-based, classical computer vision with deep learning approaches.
I also have a keen interest in Modern C++ (C++14/17 and beyond).
I'm the Founder of 4dface Ltd (4dface.io), a small start-up specialising in 3D face models and realistic 3D face avatars for professional applications. I am also a Visiting Academic Researcher at the Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing of the University of Surrey, UK, in the group of Prof. Josef Kittler.
- PhD in Computer Vision, University of Surrey, UK, 2017
- MSc in Computer Science, University of Basel, Switzerland, 2012
Please see my website patrikhuber.ch for my latest research and projects, and my Google Scholar profile for my publications. Follow me on Twitter @patrik_cpp for regular updates.
Departmental and University Roles