Computer Science wins a Green Impact Gold Award
Posted on 27 July 2020
The Computer Science Green Impact Team has achieved a Green Impact GOLD Award 2019/20.
The Green Impact auditor said about the team:
"Despite the limitations imposed by the lockdown, the dedicated work carried out by the Green Impact team should be held up as the standard that every department at the university should aim for.
"Their desire to improve both within the department and externally with other departments is commendable and this wish to collaborate should be supported by the whole university. So a huge congratulations to you and your team."
This year Green Impact has involved:
- 1,699 actions completed, 1,172 as a direct result of Green Impact
- 470 tonnes CO2 potential saving (based on just 10 of the 200+ actions in the workbook)
- £155,562 potential savings
- 28 teams submitting (some achieving multiple awards), with 37 teams taking part over the year in some way
- 217 Green Impact team members, reaching 4,000 staff and students
- 60 students widening their University experience through training and development roles as auditors and project assistants