RE: [sc] new books

From: SPRIGGS, John J <John.SPRIGGS_at_xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:12:12 +0000
GSN - The Goal Structuring Notation:
A Structured Approach to Presenting Arguments

Springer  ISBN 978-1-4471-2311-8

This book is both for the aspiring writer of arguments in GSN and for those who wish to read, review and understand them.  It presents a clear exposition of the notation, starting from first principles and showing why each symbol is needed and how it should be used.

I wrote the book to be read in sequence from front to back.  I have presented the information incrementally.  It is a narrative, with each chapter building on what has gone before.  Clear guidance and simple examples are given of each piece of the notation as it is introduced.  Once sufficient notation is to hand, I give an example that has a chapter of its own and serves as a vehicle to introduce further new concepts and guidance over subsequent chapters.

Note that book is not a learned dissertation.  I am not presenting research, or a theory of argumentation, rather I am providing a practitioners' guide to the GSN - How to write it, how to read it and how to review it.

This will also be available in e-book form and as separate e-chapters.