Re: [sc] multi core processing for safety-critical applications

From: Paul E Bennett <Paul_E.Bennett_at_xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 18:50:13 +0100
On Friday 27 May 2011 08:36:51 Luca Flaminio wrote:
> Good morning,
> Does anybody have experiences about the use of multi core CPUs for SIL-4
> certified safety-critical applications?  In particular I'm interested in
> the design of an OS (a custom Kernel) to achieve a safe tasks scheduling.
> Thanks a lot.

Nothing direct as yet, but I have attended a few talks on the subject. Some of
the architectural choices will depend on the style of multi-core processor you
are looking at. Start at:-

   <http://embedded-live.com/>   &
   <http://embedded-live.com/proceedings>

On the first page you should find a link to the programme of talks in the
conference stream and the second link takes you to the papers and presentation
slides for those talks.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, which multi-core are you looking at?

Paul E. Bennett...............<email://Paul_E.Bennett@xxxxxx>
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-510979