RE: [sc] SIL, Communication Protocols (was: Functional Safety, and a Trope)

From: blacksafe <blackw_at_xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 20:51:09 +0100
Peter,

I do not have the time.  This is one of the reasons why I do not respond to some of the postings.  I also have concerns about trying to give guidance when I do not have the whole picture and do not know the competency of the persons asking for information.  A little bit of knowledge can be very dangerous.

To write guidance as you suggest takes time and experience.  It is possible that the person who prepared the guidance was paid by the CAA to do so.  I doubt if I could get someone to pay me for the time it would take.

Regards

Bill Black