RE: [sc] Civility of discourse in the Safety-Critical Systems Engineering Community

From: Parkes, Timothy (UK) <Timothy.Parkes_at_xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:00:18 -0000
Hi, All,

I have been using this list for several years and I find it of immense
value.
I seldom add contributions of my own. Sometimes I feel I have something
useful
to say, but find that somebody else makes the same observation before I
can
articulate my thoughts. On other occasions I feel that I lack the
evidence or
experience to back up my views. Occasionally I share my personal
experiences
(e.g. kidney dialysis machines, or motorcycles using headlights during
the day).

My role in my organisation gives me some influence over our processes
for the
development of safety-related software. There can be no doubt that our
processes
are better for having been informed by discussions on this forum. So
please don't
"throw the baby out with the bath water" by either censorship or
exclusion. The
world is a better, safer place because of the debates and discussions
held on this
forum.

Kind Regards

Timothy Parkes