Re: Appropriate Assurance (was Re: [sc] Combining case and default in a switch statement.)

From: Prof. Dr. Peter Bernard Ladkin <ladkin_at_xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:01:32 +0200
On Sep 10, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Jeff Payne wrote:
> 1) I did not "lack enthusiasm" for the AAP.

All your statements about (what I now call) the AAP have "not" modifying
the main verb, including this one. I would be happy to add any positive
view (one without "not" modifying the main verb, or not equivalent to
such).

> 2) Your summary breaks the discussion into independent threads, yet
> you
> identify a "main issue".  Do you feel there is value (with respect to
> completing your publication) in continuing discussion of the other
> threads,
> or would you prefer to focus on AAP?

Whether other lines continue is up to the discussants. Do I feel there
is value?
Yes. I feel there is value in continuing all discussions until people
with the wrong
views keel over backwards and fall off the ship :-)

> 3) ..... are you interested in
> comments/clarifications on the other threads?

Yes,

PBL

Peter Bernard Ladkin, Professor for Computer Networks and Distributed
Systems,
University of Bielefeld, 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
www.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de +49 521 880 73 19