Re: [sc] Diversity

From: Bev Littlewood <b.littlewood_at_xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:49:30 +0100
Hi Sriram

You might have a look at our survey paper from a few years back:

B Littlewood, P Popov, L Strigini, 'Modelling Software Design
Diversity - A Review', ACM Computing Surveys, vol 33, No 2,
pp177-208, 2001.

The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission recently commissioned a report
on diversity from Oak Ridge National Laboratory. I've seen a copy of
the draft, and it seems to be a thorough and comprehensive survey,
with several accounts of real-life applications. The contact there is
Richard Wood (woodrt@xxxxxx) - I'll copy him on this in case he's
able to post a URL for it.

Cheers

Bev

At 12:08 +0530 18/8/09, Hariharan, Sriram wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>I have some knowledge on Diversity used in Railway Systems.  I like to
>know in depth how this feature can be used in Safety Systems to defend
>against Systematic Errors.  Diversity needs to be achieved by strategy
>considering in Design, Software, Hardware, etc.  Please give me further
>details which will be helpful for my understanding.
>

>Regards
>

>Sriram

>** Confidentiality Notice:
>This e-mail, including any associated or attached files, is intended
>solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
>e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If
>you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.
>Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
>this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for
>any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person.
>
>This email is from the Invensys Process Systems business unit of the
>Invensys Group, a group of companies owned by Invensys plc, which is
>a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office
>at Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BF (Registered
>number 166023).  For a list of European legal entities within the
>Invensys Group, please go to
>http://www.invensys.com/legal/default.asp?top_nav_id=77&nav_id=80&prev_id=77.
>
>You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 7821 3848 or e-mail
>inet.hqhelpdesk@xxxxxx This e-mail and any attachments
>thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements between
>Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient
>(and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).

>[The content of this part has been removed by the mailing list software]

Bev Littlewood
Professor of Software Engineering
Centre for Software Reliability
City University, London EC1V 0HB

Phone: +44 (0)20 7040 8420  Fax: +44 (0)20 7040 8585

Email: b.littlewood@xxxxxx

http://www.csr.city.ac.uk/