Re: [sc] Highest software SIL possible to achieve

From: Mauricio Peixoto <mauricio.peixoto_at_xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:46:18 -0300
>Mmm ... In my experience it was the "programmers who happen to insist
>on programming" that were the problem rather than the solution.

Peter,

Of course there are those who seem never to learn from their mistakes,
but I consider it unlikely that they are the ones who insist for so long.
Rather they are the ones who quit (without ever learning what they did
wrong).

I had the opportunity to know old programmers who had never been
exposed to software engineering mantra or who, maybe, instinctively
knew how to consistently avoid it. They seem to know (with other names
of course) not just the best that could be saved from the mantras (after
much pruning), but a lot more, and a lot more relevant. They seem to have
a strong and cultivated sense of limits to make abstraction work for them
and not the other way around.

Regards,
Mauricio Peixoto