RE: [sc] DTI Call for bids: Validation of Complex Systems

From: Martyn Thomas ^lt;martyn@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon 06 Jun 2005 - 11:39:19 BST
The value of theory is that it informs practice!

They are asking for practical platforms to validate systems that are (by
definition) too complex to analyse. We know that there is only one possible
approach that can yield sound results: statistical testing in the
operational environment. We know how much evidence can be obtained at what
levels of effort. Building validation platforms doesn't seem a useful
approach. Far better to recognise that if you can't analyse a system, you'll
never be able to validate its properties.

Regards

Martyn Thomas