, [sc] Reconfigurable Hardware Systems

From: David Culpin (david.culpin@xxxxxx)
Date: Tue 05 Apr 2005 - 08:14:19 BST

Am not sure if this forum has addressed these issues already.....Im
trying to gather information on the integrity of Reconfigurable
Hardware/FPGA technologies with regards to Airborne Mission Systems,
and the issues with Certification (DO-178B) in particular. We have
embarked on an FPGA program of work, targeting obsolete Hardware in the
first instance. Our immediate concern is with the feasibility and
certifiability of this technology to replace LRU's. Our long-term focus
is on adpating Certification strategies to cope with Reconfigurable
Systems that can modify in Real-Time.

Can anyone shed any light on this topic or direct me to some useful
resources?

Regards

David Culpin
Senior Research Engineer
Airborne Mission Systems
Air Operations Division
Defence Science & Technology Organisation (DSTO)
Systems Sciences Laboratory
Blg 42 Labs
PO Box 1500
Edinburgh SA 5111