Re: [sc] Safety related use of Linux and other open-source software

From: Peter B. Ladkin (ladkin(at)rvs.uni-bielefeld.de)
Date: Sat 21 Dec 2002 - 12:33:59 GMT

Brian,

      I am glad you quoted by reply. I did not say *anything* about Linux
      for the simple reason I know nothing about it!

Thanks for the clarification. I had indeed assumed you were addressing
the original question of the use of Linux for SC purposes. I think it
was a reasonable assumption - I don't see the relevance of the quality
of TeX to questions of hosting SC software on open-source platforms.

PBL

--
Peter B. Ladkin PhD FBCS CW(hon)
Professor of Computer Networks and Distributed Systems,