RE: [sc] Are four eyes better than two?

From: David Crocker (dcrocker(at)eschertech.com)
Date: Tue 19 Nov 2002 - 09:57:03 GMT

It depends the personalities of the individuals and how well they are
trained to cooperate. See the aviation Cockpit Resource Management
literature for details. One danger of multi-crew operations is the
phenomenon of "risky shift", which is that when making a decision in which
one of the choices involves an element of risk, a group of people tends to
accept a higher level of risk than the individuals in the group would.

David Crocker
Escher Technologies Ltd.
www.eschertech.com
+44(0)1252 336565